In today's article Iâ€™d like to touch upon the subject of the Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Detector errors. I receive a lot of letters from users who share the problems with their CO monitors. Thatâ€™s why I decided to post an article about the frequently met failures of the Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Detectors.
Sometimes the CO monitors show the number of errors or make a sound signal when working. To make sure that there is no CO and the problem is caused by failure of the Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Detector, you must do the following:
Air the room or take out the appliance should the problem persist. At first, unplug it from the mains, then remove the battery and replace it with a new one. Should the problem persist after changing the battery, contact the manufacturer's service center or buy a new Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Detector. The table below shows some basic errors of the Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Detector and their code.
The code of your CO monitor may be different from those in the table. This is due to the fact that each manufacturer uses different error codes and the detector shows another code if there is a fault. It is used information from the Kidde userâ€™s guide.
One of the most common causes of failure is the electrochemical sensor. You should know that the sensor of your CO monitor has a lifespan of 3 to 7 years and then the Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Detector must be replaced with a new one. The sensor failure often occurs spontaneously and sometimes the appliances make a sound signal or display the "Err" sign.
Another cause of failure is the higher or the lower voltage in the mains electricity. The electronics in the CO monitor is very sensitive to voltage changes in the power plugs. Although it may be possible, the appliance has a voltage protection circuit, so this problem is not frequently met. You can be sure only if you buy appliances that run on battery, so they wonâ€™t depend on the voltage changes.
A very significant problem is placing the detector near heating or cooking appliances that produce heat and oil vapors which contaminate the sensor detector. The best place for mounting the Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Detectors is away from heating or cooking appliances. Please follow the installation instructions.
I hope this article will help you work more easily with your Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Detector.
write a comment: